Board of Management, Scoil Fhionáin
Update on Parent/Teacher Communication Procedures – January 2018
School staff always welcome communication between home and school. In order for this communication to be mutually beneficial, please be aware of the following:-
- All teachers, including the Principal and Deputy Principal, teach every day. Due to the very busy nature of school life, it is necessary to make an appointment, should you wish to speak with a teacher.
- Staff cannot meet parents/guardians in the mornings as school begins. All teachers have a duty to be in class as children arrive. The Principal and Deputy Principal have additional duties at this time.
- If you have concerns in relation to your child at school, these must be addressed by speaking with your child’s teacher. The secretary will pass on your request for contact to the class teacher.
- Some concerns may be addressed in a return call to you by the teacher. Other concerns may require a meeting which will be arranged through the secretary. If a concern is not resolved by the teacher, despite setting a realistic time-frame, you may then request a meeting with the Principal.
The B.O.M. hopes that this clarifies procedures around meetings, and trusts that you can appreciate that teachers need prior notice should you wish to speak or meet with them.
The Board sincerely thanks you for your co-operation in this matter.
Parents may copy –
Reason for absence
Tick relevant Box(es)
□ Illness (please specify)____________________________________
* □ Medical Cert- (provide copy)
* □ Appointment- (provide copy of appt. card)
□ Holidays / Family Trips
□ Other- (please specify)____________________________________
*School secretary will copy and return certs/appt. cards
Parent / Guardian signature:___________________________